Today marks 2 years since MADE – Making A Difference Everywhere was founded. Can you believe that? Throughout the year of 2015, my team and I have accomplished so many things! We certainly didn’t expect all of what has occurred to happen. We are extremely grateful to the Lord up above for blessing us ever so much.
Some of the main highlights from our 2015 year are as followed:
* March – ‘MADE Anti-Bullying Campaign’: Throughout the month of March, we launched our Anti Bullying Campaign in efforts to raise awareness about Bullying & all its effects. Members of the group visited various primary schools to speak with the children about bullying and the responses were very positive. Members were also involved in a campaign shoot where various messages depicted hurtful messages and messages that uplifted persons.
* July – ‘MADE for the Marti Expedition’: MADE President & Vice President journeyed to St. Lucia to be apart of the Marti Expeditions Volunteer Program. This was remarkable for the group as we were able to assist persons in St. Lucia through volunteer projects.
* August – ‘MADE Trinidad & Tobago Arrived’: MADE stepped its foot in the Soca capital of the world, making Trinidad & Tobago the second official branch for the organization.
* October – ‘MADE St. Lucia Arrived’: MADE stepped its foot yet again the Helen of the West Indies, St. Lucia to make it the third official branch for the organization.
* October – ‘Take What You Need’: This project was to raise awareness in regards to persons whom may be battling with depression, grief, guilt, encouraging them to take something positive whether it may be a smile, faith, hope, love, perseverance in aid that they may continue to fight out and get through it.
* November – ‘MADE Grenada Arrived’: To end our amazing year, we had to make a stamp in the spice isle, thus Grenada becoming the fourth hub for our organization.
* November – ‘MADE Youth Month Rally’: Our first ever Youth Rally in celebration of Youth Month in St. Kitts was a success. We featured youth in areas of dance, poetry and singing. We also wish to thank our sponsors who made the event possible.
* December – MADE Founder A Global Teen Leader: Founder, Trevis Belle was recognized as the FIRST Global Teen Leader from the Caribbean due to his work with MADE.
* December – Queen’s Young Leader: MADE Founder, Trevis Belle was selected as 1 of 60 persons from across the Commonwealth to receive the Queen’s Young Leader Award in 2016 from Her Majesty The Queen.
* December – ‘MADE in the Spirit of Christmas 2015’: As we did in 2014, we continued to spread Christmas cheer to persons within St. Kitts as we did caroling, elderly home visits and gift baskets donations! We also surprised some persons whom were nominated in our ‘Secret Santa’ promotion.
Can you believe we accomplished all of that within 2015? I can’t believe it to be honest, but I am humbled to have a group of over 100 volunteers (collectively throughout the region) working towards making a difference everywhere!
My fellow MADE Members whether you’re from St. Kitts, Trinidad, St. Lucia or Grenada, I appreciate each & every one of you. You are the reason why I keep pushing forward with MADE, to make it known GLOBALLY, to be the voice for the voiceless, to be the inspiration to many youths & prove to them that anything is possible once you put your mind to it.
Everyone have a happy 2016 & keep making a difference everywhere! Remember, you MADE the decision to Make A Difference Everywhere!
Yours in Volunteering,
MADE Founder & President.
MADE Founder & President.